- Economic Sociology, with a focus on financial markets, auction houses, and technological innovation.
- Science and Technology Studies, with an emphasis on scientific organizations, cultures, and public policies.
- Computational Social Science, with interests in mixed methods, cultural analysis, and natural language processing.
- Data and society, with a focus on the development, interpretation and use of ML and AI models in practical domains
- Licenciatura en Física (BSc in Physics), Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- MSc/PhD in Science and Technology Studies, University of Edinburgh
- Certificate in Postgraduate Education, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Assistant Professor, London School of Economics and Political Science (2010-2015)
- Assistant Professor, UC San Diego (2015-2020)
- Associate Professor, UC San Diego (2020-)
- Associate Director, Latin American Studies Program, UC San Diego (2021-)
- Research Fellow, School of Social and Political Sciences, University of Edinburgh (2016-2020)
- Council Member, Sociology of Culture Section, American Sociological Association (2021-2024)